About Dr. Amy Bjorkman
I am a Licensed Psychologist with a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. I specialize in adult psychotherapy and the treatment of trauma, eating disorders, depression/mood disorders, anxiety disorders, relationship and family-of-origin issues, abuse and related issues.
I have been active in the fields of psychology and mental health for over 20 years, obtaining my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Missouri State University, and my Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Counseling Psychology from Arizona State University. I received advanced specialty training in eating disorders during my APA-accredited internship and post-doctoral fellowship at the university counseling center at Arizona State University. I have advanced training in Somatic Experiencing® trauma resolution. I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF), as well as a certified facilitator of the Safe and Sound Protocol. I also obtained Level II EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy) certification from the EMDR Institute.
As a psychologist, I integrate a variety of treatment approaches while working collaboratively with my clients to develop skills that will improve their quality of life. My goal is help clients feel empowered by discovering their true potential in the healing process. My style is direct, compassionate and sometimes humorous within a professional and relaxed atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Missouri State University
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Arizona State University
- Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from Arizona State University
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP)
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF)
- Certified Safe and Sound Protocol Facilitator (In-Person & Remote)
- Level II EMDR certification
- Advanced specialty training in eating disorders