Sarah Anderson, OTD, OTR/L
I am a Licensed Occupational Therapist with a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. I specialize in supporting adolescent and adult mental health specifically in the areas of stress management, self-regulation/emotional regulation programming for populations across the life span, emotional intelligence development, maternal wellness, sensory modulation and trauma-informed therapeutic programming, and emotional wellbeing (emphasis in anxiety & trauma-informed care/education).
In addition to my clinical work I also teach at Midwestern University in the occupational therapy department. I joined Midwestern University in March of 2018 and teach the core mental health content, in addition to several other courses.
I earned my post-professional doctorate degree in occupational therapy from A.T. Still University in fall of 2019. I graduated with my master’s degree in occupational therapy from Midwestern University in 2014, and obtained my bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota in 2012.
My passion is to support individuals so that they can truly LIVE their life. I work collaboratively with all my clients and honor choice, autonomy, and their own expertise in every session. Occupational therapy in mental health is all about supporting mental wellness through implementation of specific skills and strategies you learn/develop in session to your everyday life.
License and Certification:
- Board Licensed Occupational Therapy in the State of Arizona (#6037)
- Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0)
- Mayor-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
Areas of Advanced Training:
- Sensory Processing and Sensory Integration
- Mood Disorders
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Dr. Anderson’s Specialties:
- Trauma Informed Occupational Therapy
- Addressing Anxiety
- Sensory Processing (as it relates to mental health and everyday function)
- Emotion Regulation
- Assertiveness Training
- Social Skills Development
- Relationship Building and Maintenance
- Parental Burnout
- Perinatal and Postpartum Support
- Intake Assessment: $190
- 50min Occupational Therapy Session: $165
14300 N. Northsight Blvd, Suite 101 Scottsdale, AZ 85260
14300 N. Northsight Blvd Suite 214
Scottsdale, AZ 85260