Susan Tully, MS, LAMFT, OTR/L
I am a licensed Occupational Therapist with a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. I specialize in therapy with adolescents and adults working to build emotional regulation and stress management skills; develop insight and awareness about behavioral patterns that keep them stuck; build self-management skills and healthy habits that promote physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing; manage chronic health conditions; improve communication skills; set healthy boundaries; and implement therapeutic strategies to manage the effects of trauma.
I have more than 30 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist specializing in neurological, cognitive, psychosocial rehabilitation, and working with individuals and families who have experienced a wide array of medical and life crises. I also have experience with the treatment of ADHD, problems with executive function, depression/mood disorders, anxiety disorders, emotional trauma, CPTSD, and abuse; as well as extensive experience working with young adults through aging adults who are managing life stressors and transitions.
In addition to my clinical work as an OT, I have been on the faculty of a graduate program in Occupational Therapy for 18 years where I teach content related to mental health, cognition and emotion, group dynamics, neurorehabilitation, health promotion, and aging.
My earnest desire is to help people create a meaningful life that maximizes physical, emotional, and spiritual health and a sense of wellbeing. As an occupational therapist, I approach my work with clients from a holistic and systemic perspective, and integrate a variety of treatment approaches to help clients develop skills that will improve their daily functioning and overall quality of life. My goal is to help clients feel empowered by maximizing their true potential in the healing process. My style is encouraging, collaborative, empathic, and often humorous, within a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
License and Certifications:
- Board Licensed Occupational Therapy in the State of Arizona (#0623)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fuller Theological Seminary
- EMDR Therapist
- Advanced specialty training in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Specialty training in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Advanced training in personality disorders and the impact of emotional manipulation
- Specialty training in Mindfulness
Susan Tully’s Specialties:
- Intake Assessment: $190
- 50min Occupational Therapy Session: $165
14300 N. Northsight Blvd, Suite 101 Scottsdale, AZ 85260