Susan Tully, MS, LAMFT, OTR/L
I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and Occupational Therapist with a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona.
As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I specialize in therapy with adults working to understand the influence of their family of origin and differing backgrounds on their relationships, emotional regulation strategies, communication patterns, and parenting styles. I help couples address issues such as communication, emotional disconnection, trust, and intimacy. I help clients dealing with the effects of emotional trauma, abuse, and CPTSD develop insight and awareness about behavioral patterns that keep them stuck, build emotional regulation and stress management skills; strengthen self-management skills and healthy habits that promote physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing; manage chronic health conditions; improve communication skills; set healthy boundaries; and implement therapeutic strategies to manage the effects of trauma.
As an Occupational Therapist, I have more than 30 years of experience specializing in neurological, cognitive, psychosocial rehabilitation, and working with individuals and families who have experienced a wide array of medical and life crises. I also have experience with the treatment of ADHD, problems with executive function, depression/mood disorders, and anxiety disorders; as well as extensive experience working with young adults through aging adults who are managing life stressors and transitions. In addition to my clinical work as an OT, I have been on the faculty of a graduate program in Occupational Therapy for 18 years where I teach content related to mental health, cognition and emotion, group dynamics, neurorehabilitation, health promotion, and aging.
My earnest desire is to help people create a meaningful life that maximizes physical, emotional, and spiritual health and a sense of well-being. I approach my work with clients from a holistic and systemic perspective and strive to foster a non-judgmental, and supportive atmosphere for therapy based on honest communication and trust. I integrate various treatment approaches to help clients develop skills that will improve their daily functioning and overall quality of life. My goal is to help clients feel empowered by maximizing their true potential in the healing process. My style is encouraging, collaborative, empathic, and often humorous, within a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
License and Certifications:
- Board Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (#10907)
- Board Licensed Occupational Therapy in the State of Arizona (#0623)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fuller Theological Seminary
- EMDR Therapist
- Advanced specialty training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples and Individuals
- Specialty training in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Advanced training in personality disorders and the impact of emotional manipulation
- Specialty training in Mindfulness
Susan Tully’s Specialties:
- Anxiety Therapy
- Couple Therapy
- Depression Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
- Mental Health Occupational Therapy
- Phase of life stress and transitions
- Emerging adulthood
- Feeling stuck
- Difficulty communicating
- Individuals and families experiencing medical issues or crises
- Parenting concerns
- Wellness and Lifestyle enhancement
14300 N. Northsight Blvd, Suite 101 Scottsdale, AZ 85260